Re: WaveWatcherTV-II and CUSM--An Update

Don Johnson (johnson@magicnet.net)
Mon, 19 Jun 1995 23:47:00 -0400

>To: larry@smtpgwy.isinet.com
>From: johnson@magicnet.net (Don Johnson)
>Subject: Re: WaveWatcherTV-II and CUSM--An Update
>
>Yes. It has an adapter with RCA jacks to plug in a cam corder,VCR or laser
disc. In fact, I'll be experimenting with that this week. I borrowed a video
tape of the last Magic/Huston game and I want to capture some images and
some AVI's.
>You can have 2 video sources plugged in at the same time and select one of
them or the tuner. You can also choose a sound source independent of the
video. Another feature that I haven't tried yet is the ability to scan 16 TV
channels on the same screen. Resolution maxes out at 1024x768x64,000 colors.
And unlike many other boards it claims no RAM limitations. It has a PAL
version available. And it is cable ready with 181 channels. Video
resolutions: 320x240x65k colors at 15 fps. 160x120x65k colors at 30 fps.
There is also the ability to view 16 windows of the same channel showing
each frame in sequence. I don't know why that is used. Other features
include slumber for the radio and an event calendar that I guess lets you
record a program if you've got a heckuva large hard drive!