Re[2]: Running CU-SEEME under OS/2 Warp

mickey (mickey@ccmgate.cy-fair.isd.tenet.edu)
Wed, 21 Jun 95 08:13:12 cst

Subject: Re: Running CU-SEEME under OS/2 Warp
Author: dhudson@ibm.net (C. Duncan Hudson) at internet
Date: 6/21/95 7:41 AM

Actually, I'm running it under warp right now. You must make sure that you're
config.sys *and* autoexec.bat files are configured properly for DOS TCP/IP.
After that, it comes right up.

Also, instead of a hosts file, I'm using DNS which also works fine in
DOS/WINDOWS.

Mickey

>On Thu, 15 Jun 95 12:17:29 -0500 you wrote:

>>Can I get the windows winsock.dll that comes in the Warp Internet connection
to work
>>with CU-SeeMe? What I am getting is the HOST NOT FOUND
message. >

>Gene,

>Technically yes, the Warp Winsock works with every other Windows
>Internet utility - IPhone, etc. But I have not been able, nor has
>anyone I know, to get CU-SeeMe to work with Warp. The Host Not Found
>error, though, is easy to correct. Put a HOST file in your
>X:\tcpip\dos\bin directory. The file should contain your IP address
>and your machine's name. Let me know if you get CU-SeeMe to work,
>I've been trying for months.

C. Duncan Hudson

dhudson@ibm.net
chudson2@attmail.com