Re[2]: Windows 95

Clinton_Nichols%iss1@CCMAIL.CSMC.EDU
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 11:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmm. I was told that PPP is supported but that SLIP was not. This was
problematic for me because the site I connect to does not support PPP.

At any rate, thanks for the information.

Subject: Re: Windows 95
Author: flatford@usit.net at issvax
Date: 6/23/95 10:42 AM

Clinton,

You need to do your homework on this one...... Yes it does overwrite the
WINSOCK.DLL... BUT IT SUPPORTS SLIP/PPP and DIRECT TCP/IP CONNECTIONS....

Get your info straight.... this is the reason that so many people hate one
program or another is so much MIS-information... I am running Build 490 of
win95 and have no problems as long as I run Microsofts TCP/IP stack....

Setting the record straight...

Mark

>Start with WINSOCK.DLL. It is supplied with Windows 95 and supports serial
PPP

_________________________________
>Subject: Windows 95
>Author: scott@JOHNSON.CORNELL.EDU at issvax
>Date: 6/22/95 1:17 PM
>

>I had the Windows release of CU-SeeMe working fine until I upgraded to
>Windows 95. Any suggestions as to where I should start looking for a
>problem? Anyone else have a problem with this? Thanks.
>

>-Scott Charlton
>

>PS> Is there a version of CU-SeeMe for Windows that accepts sound?

Mark A. Flatford
flatford @usit.net
US Internet

| Classic case of Indecision--- |
| Your MOTHER-IN-LAW is driving off a cliff.... |
| In your brand new MERCEDES..... |
| Should you stop her?? |