Re: CUSeeMe Web app for the Mac

John D. Lauer (johnlaue@umich.edu)
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:13:35 -0400

Take a look at the "Go CU Go" web pages at

http://www.umich.edu/~johnlaue/cuseeme/default.htm

There is a bunch of information about a program that does this for the
Windows side. It works really well and hundreds of people are using it.
Also, there is a page of reflectors that have the links built-in and a page
of people, sort of like a phone book. If you design the program like I did
then we can both use these links. You'll see that each link is actually a
text file with the information in it like this:

141.214.1.1
0
Nasa Select TV
http://www.nasa.gov/...

The precedent is for a .csm extension for FTP links in web pages. And the
MIME type is text/cu-seeme because browsers and different operating systems
will interpret text cleaner than an application/x-cuseeme MIME type.