(Mac) CU-SeeMe and QuickCam sound

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 16:51:41 -0800

Did CU-SeeMe/Mac ever get the audio code fixed? Or is this message
something completely different?

Michael

>Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 14:35:08 +0400
>From: Keith Slayden <keith@JOHNSON.CORNELL.EDU>
>Subject: unlisted configuration
>To: msattler@jungle.com
>http://www.indstate.edu/msattler/sci-tech/comp/CU-SeeMe/hardware/config-mac
>.html
>
>I have a Mac LC II with 10 MB RAM and a Connectix QuickCam, running Mac OS
>7.1 with System Update 3.0
>
>I do not recieve sound when CU-SeeMe loads. If you play a sound in the
>background, it stops as soon as CU-SeeMe is finished loading. It doesn't
>matter if a speaker is plugged into the Sound Out port on the Mac or not.
>Same problem. Have you ever seen this before ? In the Sound CP "Sound
>Out" only lists the built-in option, so there is nothing to change there.
>
>Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. At the Johnson
>Grad School of Mgmt we are planning on distributing a lab full of
>phased-out LC II's as Video Kiosks for Help Desk management. We really
>want to be able to get this to work.
>
>Thanx
>Keith Slayden
>Help Desk and AV Technician / Consultant
>Johnson Graduate School of Management
>Computing Services
>102 Malott Hall , Cornell University

To leave this list send listproc@cornell.edu a message body with the |
command "u*subscribe cu-seeme-l". (Replace the '*' with 'n'; if |
the "un" word had appeared then this message would have automagically |
been filtered to the trash by many people's filtering configuration.) |