Re: TeleTalk?

Roger Lee Boston (rboston@tenet.edu)
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 11:49:15 -0500 (CDT)

I just got off the phone with CINECOM five minutes ago after discussing
the product and they have a fax in the air right now to explain it. Was
released last month and works sort of like this:

- 100+ dollar price class for theTeletalk server program on the host
- Host needs to be running Galacticomm World Group BBS
- Users pay 19.00 to register their windows teletalk client
- They speak into soundblaster, creating a .WAV file (soon to
be compressed but not yet)
- File goes with their foto to all users in their defined list
who may happen to be logged on at the time

Lots of potential but nothing compared with what they have envisioned
for later this year, adding compression and real time exchange to the bbs
along with their quasi-multimedia visuals.

Teletalk client is available on the internet at their site in pub/windows
as topgun.exe. Hunt for their ip address and take a look, I am going to
also.
--rb