Re: .65b1 trouble

Cyber-Q (lockheed@fc.net)
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 12:06:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995, Shawn Switenky, Ph. 4983 wrote:

> I've recieved 5 messages from people around the world who say they are
> successfully using Win95 and CU SeeMe without had video capture hardware
> or software drivers installed. Some, if not all get the capture driver
> not installed properly message, and yet it still works.

I'd say some. I'd question the ability of build 347 (WPP) to handle it
correctly. I don't have any technical reason for this - Simply that
since the latest build (as of this morning) is 501 - that's quite a lot
of work that's been done since 347 came out like 3 months ago.

I'm presently running 490. Haven't had any problems at all.

It was interesting, tho. I had to pull my capture board (VideoBlaster
SE100) out of my system to use in another yesterday. When I pulled up
the client, THEN I got the messages (capture board not installed
properly, and 2 "invalid handle" msgs) that I've seen other people have
been receiving. When I restall my board then I'm okay again (as
before). What does this mean - well, for me it's simple. Now I don't
know what triggers an "invalid handle" message, nor what exactly it means
or is referring to. I might be prone to suggest to people having this
error message problem, perhaps it's a capture board compatibility issue??
The client isn't detecting the board, but it does see the drivers...???
Just a wild shot in the dark... any comments, anyone...anyone...?

Steve

| Steven B. Kirk | DT Systems Performance Analyst | Systems Administrator |
| | Dell Computer Corporation | MultiComm - Las Vegas |
| lockheed@fc.net | steven_kirk@ccmail.us.dell.com | lockheed@unix.mclv.net |
|------------ URL: http://www.mclv.net/staff/lockheed/home.html -------------|