Re:nudity

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 02 Jun 1996 09:56:21 -0500

>Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 09:57:29 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "ryan o. kaplan" <ryan@iliad.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: nudity
>
>>No nudity on PUBLIC reflectors, please. There are children out there! If
>>the conference number is ZERO, then it's a PUBLIC reflector.
>
>what up with all the sensitivity about nudity, [even though it can be
>disgusting]? are there really young ones out there? I have yet to see
>*any* kids on a cuseeme reflector. (but I don't spend my whole life
>cuseemeing, so maybe I'm wrong). any guess as to WHAT PERCENTAGE of
>cuseeme'ers are MINORS? long live cuseeme.

I've seen them. There is a young girl from Alaska that does CU a lot, and I
even saw a 10 year old girl on Freevue the other day. I thought it was odd,
what with all of the sexual names on the userlist like "Male wants to see
your___" and stuff like that.

There aren't necessarily so many young people out there, but keeping netsex
off of public reflectors is just the responsible thing to do.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.