Re:Bare-bones display?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 02 Jun 1996 20:51:51 -0500

>Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 19:19:13 GMT
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: William Jackson <bjackson@worldnet.att.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Bare-bones display?
>
>I just downloaded the free version of cuseeme for trial purposes and wanted
>to know if it is possible to just monitor video at a reflector site without
>having a video capture board or a sound card.

Sure you can do that...you would be referred to as a "lurker".

>I've tried it and read setup instructions and created and moved a few files
>per instructions but when I try to access a reflector site all I get is a
>blank gray page with the numerical reflector address in the upper left corner.
>
>Can someone help? Thanks!
>
>Bill Jackson

You probably need to change your recieve settings. Use NOTEPAD to open
c:\windows\cuseeme.ini and adjust the maxrecv setting down to 28 for a 28.8
modem, or 15 for a 14.4 modem. That should help some. Also check my web
page for lots more info on CU-SeeMe.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe