Re: nudity

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 03 Jun 1996 19:25:16 -0500

>Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 07:43:50 -0700
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: ronp@A.crl.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: nudity
>
>All this conversation has sparked a question in this pretty newbie's
>mind. I guess it's pretty basic, but I'm still learning (lots). What
>is the difference between private and public reflectors?? And how does
>one know if a reflector is private or public? I've been on irc chat
>groups and I've seen someone flash a message that such and such
>reflector is now open. Would this be a private or public?? I couldn't
>agree more that people should not "flash their wares" in places where
>unsuspecting people might be or places where it is offensive.
>
>thanks

If the reflector requires a conference ID other than ZERO, then it should be
considered a PRIVATE reflector. PUBLIC reflectors use a conference number
of ZERO only, unless otherwise stated in their message of the day (MOTD) or
elsewhere.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe