re: Cu with ordinary cam ??

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 05 Jun 1996 21:30:07 -0500

>Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 13:40:24 -0700
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: LL <llacey@cris.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: re: Cu with ordinary cam ??
>

>> From: "Johs. Langkilde" <Has05@inet.uni-c.dk>, on 6/4/96 5:24 PM:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anyone tried to connect an ordinary video-camera to the computer
>> when using CU-SEEME ? I just got a new camera and I'd like to use it
>> with the program.
>

>Sure, you will need a video Capture board and the appropiate Cables, but it not
>only can be done, It is done by many.. There are many Vid Cap baords to choose
>from ranging in price from 299.00 to well into the 1000.00 range. I have never
>seen one cheaper then 299. retail, but I could be wrong...
>
>LL

For the CORNELL version, the ProMovie Spectrum by Media Vision is a pretty
good deal at list price of $100 US.

This card is NOT listed in the back of the White Pine Enhanced CU-SeeMe
(ECU) manual, but neither was my Captivator card, and it DID work with ECU.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.