Re: Internet Phone version 4

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 06 Jun 1996 20:53:13 -0500

>Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:08:17 -0400
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Howard Herman <hlh@panix.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Internet Phone version 4
>
>At 08:47 AM 6/5/96 -0700, strev@mobius.net wrote:
>>Wednesday morning
>>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I thought you might like to know that there is a beta version of Internet
>>Phone version 4 available for download.
>>
>>The reasons I call this to your attention are:
>
>ha!
>
>According to the specs this demonstration version expires (stops running)
>after June 7th, 1996. That does not give much time to see what it is like....

It's also only for Windows 95 users....give them some time and they'll get
it to work for the Macintosh as well, but I agree that this demo is short
lived. If Dennis had known this on June the first, I'm sure he would have
told us then, so we could use the entire 7 days to test it out. I'm just
glad he told us so I could see it for a day or two.

$45 bucks is a pretty good deal, tho, for a solution to the CU-SeeMe audio
problem :)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe