Re: Lost Text?

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 12:25:51 -0700

At 08:04 AM 6/11/96 PST, paul.laikind@gensia.com wrote:
> A couple of nights ago I talked some Freevue oriented cyber-friends of
> mine into trying Cuseeme. We all connected to the Kent State
> Reflector without a problem. However, they were not seeing half the
> text that was typed nor was all their text getting out. That was the
> first time I experienced that problem. Have I been lucky and this is
> really a common occurrence or did we just hit the twilight zone of
> chat? Needless to say, my friends are back on Freevue.
>
> Paul (alias Pegasus)

Hello Paul,

No luckily it is not a common experience but it can happen. With the UDP
protocol there is never an acknowledgement that a packet has been received,
so it is possible that video, audio or chat packets can be "lost".

I am quite sure it can happen on FreeVue as well. Maybe you HAVE been lucky! :)

Regards,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| CUSeeMe: strev.mobius.net