Re: IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 19:01:38 -0500

Greetings, all:

Paul Mestern wrote:
> As far as I can see this list is becoming outdated. Since Cornell is no
> longer going to produce beta offerings it is time to get the Enhanced
> CU-SEEME from White Pine. They are the ones responsible for this program
> now and subscribing to this forum no longer has any meaning.

First, I see your point about this mailing list *possibly* being "outdated".
Maybe a solution would be to have a newsgroup started; one had been voted on in
the past.
Second, this is the only online forum available to CU-SeeMe users, for trouble-
shooting configuration issues. Without this forum, CU-SeeMe users would be at
the mercy of White Pine's customer support lines. ...And we ALL know how these
"technical support" systems work ;)
Lastly, White Pine's responsibility lies in producing the commercial CU-SeeMe
version WITH the suggestions of Cornell Universities CU-SeeMe development staff!
The Cornell "CU-SeeMe Consortium" as they're called, take their inputs from
those of us ON THIS MAILING LIST! Thus, the "pecking order", defined!

> I have been listening to all the comments from the middle of February and
> it seems to me that Cornell can no longer be of any help to any of us.

Please see my last few comments above...

> They may help White Pine develop some new aspects of the program but only
> White Pine will come out with beta versions from this point forward and
> they are the ones you should be addressing you questions and comments to.

True... but what about Cornell? Shouldn't they receive our feedback as well?
If what I've said previously holds true, Cornell is providing our information to
White Pine, for consideration.

> Also, if Connectix has messed up with their CQCW product then they are the
> ones you should be addressing.

YES!!! Now THAT'S what I've been waiting to hear!!! Point well taken and
understood!

> As of a week from today I will be unsubscribing to this list. (to give any
> of you a chance to respond to this).

Too bad, I'ld hope you'ld stay tuned. Maybe some of your concerns will be
addressed in the future.

> For any of you who still want to complain to Cornell just keep this in mind
> -- This program is no longer in the beta testing stage, it is a commercial
> program now. As with any comercial program you "Lays down your money and you
> takes your chances". If you do not like it send it back and find something
> different. White Pine and Concentrix(for the CQCW) both have web pages and
> that is where your ire should be taken out.

Hope this is taken well,

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 233-5332 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"