Re: Problems Connecting

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 23:31:28 -0500

At 10:15 PM 6/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone else have a problem with connecting at certain times? For
>example tonight I couldn't connect to a single refl?? (6/13/96 22:00
>hrs CST) Using win95 platform, 28.8 modem with quickcam and CU from
>White Pine on PB 620 Legend Pent. Have set xmit rate max 28 and min 10
>and rec at 300 kbps and min and 10 kpbs. Do I need to change any other
>settings? Thanks for you help. Paul

Paul, you can't RECEIVE 300kbps on a 28.8 modem. Set the receive the same
as your transmit. Lots of people that visit my IRC channel have the same
problem, and once they do this, they go on their merry way and start surfing
the refs.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe