Setting up your own reflector

Eric Milgram (milgram@ftms1.chem.ufl.edu)
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:37:08 -0400

> Date: 13 Jun 1996 15:55:51 -0700
> From: Angie Parker <aparker@soe.gonzaga.edu>
> To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> Subject: New user with question
>
> Subject: Time: 3:55 PM
> OFFICE MEMO New user with question Date: 6/13/96
>
> I'd like to know if anyone is doing research on the use of CUSEEME as a system> to deliver distance education?
>
> Also, how do I become a reflector site? I still don't quite understand that.
> Is anyone willing to explain to a newcomer?

I'm certainly no CU-SeeMe expert, but I set up my own
reflector site last night in about 10 minutes. I
downloaded the demo reflector from White Pine's
site along with a serial number. I'm running it
on an SGI Indy under Irix 5.3.

It works great. Unfortunately, the man pages
weren't formatted, so I had to view them unformatted,
but I was able to figure out what I need to know
to get going.

Eric

--
Eric Milgram