Re:Cu-seeme wont work

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 16 Jun 1996 11:41:21 -0500

>Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 11:32:44 -0400 (EDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Dennis Hawkins <p001309b@pbfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Cu-seeme wont work
>

>I too have never been able to get Cu-Seeme to work. I also suspect that
>it doesn't work with dynamic IP's as well as is claimed. I tried putting
>my IP in the hosts file and tried it in all different directories only to
>find that it doesn't work. The best I have been able to do is show video
>from my own camera. Has anybody been able to get it to work with a
>dynamic IP? Also, why isn't there a menu item to put the IP in there?
>

>Dennis Hawkins
>n4mwd@amsat.org

Guys, Guys, get a grip. I have a dynamic IP address, and CU-SeeMe works
fine for me. Don't make statements like that unless you are sure of what
you are saying.

If you check my web page and look at the GetHostByName section, there is a
lengthy explanation of where to put the hosts file, what to put into it, and
why. You might not even NEED a hosts file, depending on your tcp/ip setup
and your provider.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe