Re:CU-SEEME connection

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 21:27:42 -0500

>Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 20:28:26 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: k1oik@ccsnet.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: CU-SEEME connection
>
>CH>Hi, I'm Christian and my problem is that I'm not able to connect
>anywhere
>CH>(neither to the NASA TV) using the software cu see me version w0.84B7.
>CH>when I try I get the message:No response from..... (the name where I'm
>CH>trying to comnnect). I've got windows 3.1, winsock version 2.0, compaq
>CH>computer 486dx, ppp connection at 28.8k, the files msvideo.dll and
>CH>ctl3d.dll, my IP address is 0.0.0.0 and do not have any video camera, so
>CH>I can only receive images. Can you help me? thanks. bye.
>

>So you are Christian?
>Why say that?
>
>Burt

Come on, Burt, give the guy a break...he's just being friendly:)

Christian:
The main problem that modem users have with the Cornell version is that the
receive max is set to 300kbps as a default. Since you do not have a camera,
you will need to use NOTEPAD to edit the c:\windows\cuseeme.ini file to
adjust the settings manually. Look for the [flow] section, and change the
maxrecv=300 to maxrecv=28. Once you get a camera, you will be ale to adjust
this rate from your local video window. Check my illustrated users guide
for more help with the Cornell version.

One more thing, after making this change, if you still get the "no response"
message, try connecting to that reflector again immediately...that sometimes
helps.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe