Re: Need capture card suggestion

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:40:30 -0500

>Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 22:57:32 -0400 (EDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Ron Elkayam <relkay01@fiu.edu>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Need capture card suggestion
>
>On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Daniel W. Erskine wrote:
>
>> Greetings:
>> You might want to look at the June96 edition of "Computer Shopper"
catalog. On
>> page 272, they list the new "Diamond Stealth64 2201TV" card. This card
combines
>> the features of both graphics acceleration AND TV tuner technology!!!
The article
>> also talks about the benefits and "pit-falls" associated with this new
product.
>> Good luck...
>
>I, like too many other good men, have been skrood in the rear by Diamond
>with one of their older cards (can you say "shi-T drivers"?)
>
>I wouldn't put a Diamond card in my machine if Diamond paid me to beta
>test it.
>
>Please, other suggestions...
>
>How's the Captivator by Digital Vision? I heard it's discontinued but
>that it's still pretty good.
>
>Ron.

I had a captivator card until recently, and it worked great. I must say,
this was the EASIEST card I've ever installed. You run the install program
BEFORE you instlal the board, and it tells you what to set on the card
depending on your other existing hardware. Bravo to VideoLogic for doing
such a great job.

I heard that either Tiger Direct (1-800-888-437) or PC/MAC Connection
(1-800-888-1111) has a new supply of these, and the price is about $100 US.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.