Re: CU-Doodle, Realvision rv107 grabber, W95, inf file ,system.ini ; MSVIDEO= MSVIDEO1= ?

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 19:40:17 -0500

Greetings:
Try this in your SYSTEM.INI file, then try switching your video capture
preferences after you've started CU-SeeMe, but BEFORE you make a connection!

[386Enh]
MSVIDEO={\full path name\}cudoodle.dll
MSVIDEO1=spitfire.drv

What I do is to put the CU-Doodle drivers in the same location as CU-SeeMe.
That way, I can avoid any confusion about where these drivers are.

K S wrote:
> The Realvision rv107 (Oak drivers) videograbber only samples with 15bits
> color;
> So I want to use CU-Doodle and it has to be the first driver CU-SeeMe
> will find; the mini faq as well as cudoodle.txt mentions I have to put
>
> MSVIDEO=Cu-doodle.dll
> MSVIDEO1=spitfire.drv
>
> in system.ini of win95
>
> Well it doesn't work ;
> In W95 drivers are kept differently from w3.11 in a list, and
> spitfire.inf tells w95 how to keep track of several drivers ?, I think.
> Nowhere in system.ini the capture driver spitfire.drv belonging to the
> board is mentioned....
>
> Below part of the spitfire.inf file, what can I change . Anyone savy on
> these inf symantics?
> ( I had no response from Oak Tech Inc, bleaah!)
>
> In windows/Inf/spitfire.inf it says ;
> [VIDCAP.AddReg]
> HKR,,DevLoader,0,mmdevldr.vxd
> HKR,Drivers,MIGRATED,0,0
> HKR,Drivers\msvideo,,0,
>
> [SPFxxxx.AddReg]
> HKR,Drivers\msvideo\SPITFIRE.drv,Description,0,%*SPFxxxx.DeviceDesc%
> HKR,Drivers\msvideo\SPITFIRE.drv,Driver,0,SPITFIRE.drv
>
> [SPITFIRE.AddReg]
> HKR,,Driver,0,SPITFIRE.vxd
>
> [Class.AddReg]
> HKR,,,0,%MediaClassName%
> HKR,,Icon,0,-1
> HKR,,Installer,0,mmci.dll
>
> [*SPFxxxx.LogConfig]
> ConfigPriority=DESIRED
>
> [SPITFIRE.UpdateInis]
> system.ini,drivers,,msvideo,0

               "THERE IS NO SANITY...  Just organized CHAOS!!!"

Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net" PHONE: (618) 233-5332 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine" [=============================================================================]