Re: CU-Doodle, Realvision rv107 grabber, W95, inf file ,system.ini ;MSVIDEO= MSVIDEO1= ?

K S (ko@knoware.nl)
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 12:00:33 +0200

What does a [driver].inf file do in W95?

I do not use the the White Pine version of CU-SeeMe, can it select a
specific capture driver? Then it would work.
I'v used captest; cu-doodle and the rv107 work both, but then captest
can switch between the two 'drivers', and I used two captests running
each

But I also use Freevue and then cu-doodle has to come as the first
capture 'driver' in the system.

Whatever I put in system.ini

MSVIDEO=Cu-doodle.dll
MSVIDEO1=spitfire.drv

or

MSVIDEO=spitfire.drv
MSVIDEO1=Cu-doodle.dll

It makes no difference the spitfire driver comes first....
Even when I put nothing of the above lines in system.ini , still the
spitfire driver is visible and selected by client-programs (Freevue,
CU-SeeME, captest, Oakcapture)

So still the question of the spitfire.inf file , cause I think this
tells W95 to keep track of drivers.....

Anyone?