Re: cuseeme ditch >Netcom v ???

jwf2@slip.net
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 11:06:42 +0000

> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 07:39:17 -0700
> From: JayHill <bjohnson@ainet.com>
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: Re: cuseeme ditch >Netcom v ???

> Paul Swebilius wrote:
> >
> > For those of us who have problems with Netcoms lack of service, could
> > some fellow CU fans make suggestions as to who you are using?? I would
> > be very interested in performance verses price!! Thanks Paul
>
> i left netcom for a local ( in my little town here) ISP that has a t-1
> line and about 200 dailup ports...
> i get 150 hours for $25 ( 31 days.) so i never go voer the limit.
> with netcom i pulled down about 0-6kbs tops on receive
> on the new isp ( ainet ) i pull down 24+ kbs when ever there is someone
> sending! much better , i tryed them both for about 60 days
> and never did netcom run as fast as the local isp.
> Ill bet there is some new ISP in your city running a radio add on a local
> radio station right now !
> ( it's a new bizz' and you wont find them in the yellow pages)
> good luck.... C U online
> jayhill
>
> Hello all,

Just thought I'd let everyone know about a webpage/service that has
ALL the ISP's listed for your enjoyment. You can search by area
code or geographic area.

"http://www.thelist.com/"

And before the spammers get to me, for sending this out on a
listServ; Well in CU bandwidth is the name of the game, if an ISP
cant give it too you then its time to hit THE LIST.