Re:Problems with LAN WorkPlace

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:00:21 -0500

>Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:32:24 EST
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: site@novell.slhs.fcbe.edu.on.ca
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Problems with LAN WorkPlace
>
>CU-SeeMe Users,
>
>Can anyone help me with my Lan WorkPlace Problems.
>
>The Situation:
>Regular CuSeeMe
>LanWP Version 4.23
>
>When I attempt to start CU-SeeMe I receive the following error:
>
>WSAAsyncSelect() Failed. You Winsock stack wouldn't let us get setup
>for async UDP communciation (10050).
>
>What does this mean and how can I fix it??
>
>Thanks
>Matt
>Site Administrator
>Sharbot Lake High School
>Sharbot Lake, Ontario
>Canada

This info is straight from the compat.txt file that comes with CU-SeeMe from
Cornell:

* LWP - Lan WorkPlace for DOS - Many people have had problems. We
received the following report about an IMPORTANT configuration detail
required for CU-SeeMe. In the NET.CFG file you can specify the number
of sockets for TCP and UDP. You must change this number to 30 or less
in order for CU-SeeMe to work:

tcp_sockets 30
udp_sockets 30
raw_sockets 1