Re: Of picture quality and Mac's and PC's ...

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 09:58:03 -0700

<http://www.dow.on.doe.ca/climate/climate.shtml>
> The validity of a science is ... its ability to predict

Salut, Alain,

There are many factors which go into how the eye perceives the "quality" of
an image. Remember your psychology... there are three "processors" in the
eye that deal with sensation, perception and cognition.

Thus, there are many subtle artifacts in an image which can determine the
overal quality of a picture. The best way to demonstrate these facts is to
play around with Photoshop, or some other image enhancement tool. Try
"sharpening", "edge sharpening" and so on and see how your eye reacts to
these filters.

As for the basic quality of PC vs Mac, hey, I am a Mac fan, so I am
prejudiced. However, seriously, I do not think in this case there is a real
difference between platforms at least in terms of the image quality they are
able to process and transmit.

Cheers,
Denis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645