Re: VideoBlaster FS-200 with CUSeeMe

Patric Lavigne (PatricL@Electro.Mlink.Net)
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 21:08:24 -0400

Joe Mitchell wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> I am trying to get CU-SeeMe to work with my Video Blaster FS200. I am able
> to run Video Kit and Microsoft Video for Windows with no problem, but when I
> run Cornell CU-SeeMe I only see static in my window.
>
> The White Pine version 2.0.2.0b2 also gives me static, but also gives me an
> error when I first load it: "The video capture device
> cannot capture 24 bit images. You will not be able to send video using the
> White Pine color codec". When I switch to the gray codec, I get the error:
> "The video capture device cannot capture 4 or 8 bit images. You will not be
> able to capture or send video using the CU-SeeMe gray codec".
>
> The README file for the Cornell version states that for the VBFS200 under Windows 95 I need to:
>
> "Edit your system.ini file in the /windows directory and, in the [drivers]
> section, make sure there's an entry for msvideo=. For example, one user
> with a blaster FS200 has the entry: msvideo=fs200cap.drv"
>
> This was already done...then:
>
> "Use the Win'95 Control Panel for Multimedia. On the 'Advanced' section,
> double click on the Video Capture Devices icon. You should see an entry for
> QuickCam. Double click on the icon for QuickCam. Make sure the "Use the
> video capture device" choice is selected."
>
> Under my Control Panel -> Multimedia -> Advanced -> Video Capture Devices, I
> have "Video Blaster FS200 Capture Driver" not "QuickCam". If I absolutely
> have to use QuickCam, then I am going to need the quickcam.drv file which I
> do not have and have not been able to find.
> I am using a Videolabs FlexCam NTSC color camera rather than a QuickCam.
>
> If anyone has gotten the VideoBlaster FS200 to work with CUSeeME, please
> let me know how you have it configured
> Thanks in advance for the help!!!

> * _ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ *
> * | | ___ ___ | \/ (_) |_ ___| |__ ___| | | *
> * _ | |/ _ \ / _ \ | |\/| | | __/ __| '_ \ / _ \ | | *
> * | |_| | (_) | __/ | | | | | || (__| | | | __/ | | *
> * \___/ \___/ \___| |_| |_|_|\__\___|_| |_|\___|_|_| *
> * *
> * mitchelj@dmapub.dma.org <-> http://www.dma.org/~mitchelj *
> * *

I don't have the same setup but a get problem with Indeo driver, somebody tel to me to
use RAW driver that com with my board (Video Blaster RT300) and it's work fin ONLY with
RAW driver not with the Indeo.

* Patric Lavigne                               *
* mailto:PatricL@Electro.Mlink.Net (personnel) *
* mailto:cacst3xt@ibmmail.com (professionnel)  *
* http://Electro.Mlink.Net                     *