Re: Forward: Can I use VBlaster CT-6000?

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:22:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996 TERASYU@gnn.com wrote:

> >Could you please offer some wisdom pearls as to how I get this bloody
> >thing to work in Win'95? It works fine in DOS (vbtest.exe) and on Win 3.1
> >on the old computer, but it gives me a pink screen under Win 95

> really? in my case the card can get the input from all 0-2 on Win95J with
> using the original old drivers, though the view can not be saved as a image file.
> did you set the screen mode SVGA 640x480 256 coloers?
>
> OT

OT,

That was precisely what was wrong with it. THANKS!!! I ran Win'95 in
800x600 24bit before you gave me this tip. I quickly changed the setting
to 640x480x256 and the problem was solved. I have so far ran Freevue
only, and it worked like a charm with amazingly sharp output (as evident
on my self-window and from testimonies of Freevue users on the other
side).

I will soon try to run CU-SeeMe as well, although I've heard from several
people that Freevue gives better fps and overall quality. If that
statement is true or not, I will find out very soon.

Oh, I'm running 14.4, so I hope Cornell CU-SeeMe would actually work;
(I think I read someplace **Cornell** CU-SeeMe demands a 28.8 connection,
while from talking on IRC #cuseeme people say it runs on 14.4).

Thanks again for the great tip,
Ron
Miami, FL