Re:Setting up a cu-seeme station

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 20:15:48 -0500

>Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 07:13:30 -0500 (CDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: jkeeton@mercury.er.usgs.gov (John Keeton)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Setting up a cu-seeme station
>
>Greetings one and all..
>
>I have baan given the task of setting up a CU-SeeMe station here in my office.
>I am pretty sure we have the pc fine.. (iP-100 16 meg) but was unsure on the
>actual video and audio part..
>We were thinking of the Gravis UltraSound Plug/N/Play and one of those
>Quick Cams, and 95 internal TC/PIP stack..
>Does anybody think there will be a problem with this setup?
>And is the Gravis Ultra. a full Duplex card?
>
>Also has anybody played with Lan Workplace for Windows (Novell) as there
>TC/PIP stack? I read in the Compat.txt about lan workplace for dos but it
>didn't say anything about the Windows version..
>

>Thanks in advance..
>
>John Keeton
>Computing Services USGS Rolla Missouri
>jkeeton@mcmcmail.er.usgs.gov

I can't say about the sound card, but all of the other hardware should be
just fine, as long as the Quickcam is the black&white version...the color
cam driver needs some work done still.

Win95's TCP stack works great, so don't EVEN bother with lan workplace for
windows. I run a Novell network, and the win95 tcp stuff works fine there,
and with CU-seeMe.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe