Re: CU Seeme 0.83 b3 Color on 68K Mac

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 20:37:43 -0700

At 04:43 PM 6/27/96 -0400, jerry burchfiel wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I'm using CU Seeme 0.83 b3 on my 68K Mac with a B&W Connectix Quickcam.
>
>1. Will the same software work with the new Connectix color Quickcam for Mac?
>
>2. A friend has been trying to connect to me from a PC with a color
>Quickcam. He sees me fine, but can't send video to me. Do you expect that
>this is an incompatibility between his PC and my Mac, or his color Quickcam
>and my B&W Quickcam?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jerry
>

>----------
>Jerry Burchfiel
>BBN - STD
>10 Moulton St., M/S 2/2c
>Cambridge, MA. 02138
>Burchfiel@BBN.Com
>(617)873-3298

Jerry,

The Cornell versions of CUSeeMe cannot (presently) receive color
transmissions, only Enhanced CU, both Mac and PC, can receive color. This is
too bad because you can be waiting there until hell freezes over and all you
will see is a gray box. In the very least, there should be some message that
the video is unavailable because it is in color. Don't you think?

Cheers,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| CUSeeMe: strev.mobius.net