Re: Setting up a cu-seeme station

The mad Scientist! (s324131@student.uq.edu.au)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 21:10:58 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, John Keeton wrote:

> We were thinking of the Gravis UltraSound Plug/N/Play and one of those
> Quick Cams, and 95 internal TC/PIP stack..

The correct terminology is TCP/IP. (It stands for Transmission Control
Protocol / Internet Protocol). Regarding the QuickCam, there has been
some traffic on this list that the colour quickcam is very slow even on
machines of the calibre of yours. (Apparently the Mac one is not -
damn!) The black and white quickcam should be OK, although if you can
get funding to get a video capture card and a camcorder of some kind you
should theoretically get a higher frames per second rate for the video
you are sending. This is because these capture cards have their own
microprocessor to process the captured video, whereas the QuickCam does
not - it just offloads this work to your computers CPU.