RE: CU Seeme 0.83 b3 Color on 68K Mac

Mark Farone (Mark_Farone@SFA.UFL.EDU)
28 Jun 1996 08:54:51 -0500

From: strev@mobius.net on Fri, Jun 28, 1996 12:01 AM

>>At 04:43 PM 6/27/96 -0400, jerry burchfiel wrote:
>>I'm using CU Seeme 0.83 b3 on my 68K Mac with a B&W Connectix Quickcam.
>>
>>1. Will the same software work with the new Connectix color Quickcam for
Mac?

>>2. A friend has been trying to connect to me from a PC with a color
>>Quickcam. He sees me fine, but can't send video to me. Do you expect that
>>this is an incompatibility between his PC and my Mac, or his color Quickcam
>>and my B&W Quickcam?

>The Cornell versions of CUSeeMe cannot (presently) receive color
>transmissions, only Enhanced CU, both Mac and PC, can receive color. This is
>too bad because you can be waiting there until hell freezes over and all you
>will see is a gray box. In the very least, there should be some message that
>the video is unavailable because it is in color. Don't you think?

I would be interested to hear if anyone has been able to receive color video
with a similar setup, and if so how you managed it. I have a PPC6100/66 using
ECU (PPC version) and a b/w QuickCam. When I receive color video signals,
they look like green worms are running through the window eating each other.
Yucky.

Mark Farone
mark_farone@sfa.ufl.edu