Re: business application of cu-seeme in South America

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 17:24:47 -0700

At 04:51 PM 6/28/96 -0400, Pablo Ulises Pena wrote:

> I know of companies interested in using the cu-seeme for their
>international communications. Has anyone in this list had such an
>experience? I would like to offer the service to such companies.
>I would like to discuss this with someone with knowledge or experience
>doing this.
> Pablo Pena Dall'Orso
>
>ps I welcome all ideas on how this software could be used to sell
>services.

Hola Pablo,

Yes, I most certainly have been using CUSeeMe (for video) and IPhone (for
audio) in international communications relating to several software
development projects I have going. I have used it to discuss issues with
developers in Russia, Japan, England from here in the US. In fact, I have
grown somewhat dependent on this method of communication, no matter how
primitive it is. The old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" is
certainly true. Or, as I like to think about it, ANY picture is better than
NO picture.

I'd be happy to discuss my experiences with you. How about if we have a
CUSeeMe session and discuss this? I speak English and Spanish, so we can use
Spanglish in our conference. :)

Also, I have a colleague, George Migliarini (miglia1@gmtech.com), an
Argentino now living in Southern California, who has had experience using
this technology to maintain contact with his students in Buenos Aires, who
are interested in applications of telemedicine there. This is the only
specific information about use of this technology on your continent, South
America. I will copy him on this message as well. Perhaps you two can
discuss the situation as well. Or I can ask him to join us on my reflector
for our discussions.

Buena suerte y escribeme otra vez!
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645