Re: Windows 95 problem... user-interface problem

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 17:24:49 -0700

At 11:33 PM 6/28/96 +0100, Len Gowing wrote:
>Please Help.... Cuseeme sits on the task bar when I open it and I can't get
>into it... I used to be able to but I can't figure out what I've done to
>change it.. any help appreciated
>

>len

Len,

You'll have to be much more explicit about what you are trying to do and
what problem you are having for us to be any help. Sorry.

One comment: Each CUSeeMe component when minimized shows up in the task bar
independently. Thus the Phone Book, each open video picture, the audio
control, the participants' list, etc. One component, the "main" control bar,
is I believe always the first CU component to show up in the task bar.

Thus, once ECU is in the background, you often must reactive MANY windows to
get all the CU components into the foreground again. This is rather poor
user-interface design, as the CU components never minimize as a group, nor
never are brought to the foreground as a group. It's fine if CU is the ONLY
thing you have going, but if you have a mess on your desktop :) like I
usually do, you have to FIGHT to find the CU components you need. I hope WP
will consider changing this user-interface "feature".

I don't know if any of this is helpful to you, given your brief description,
but maybe it rings a bell...

Regards,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645