Re: Inquiry on FPS

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 17:46:36 -0700

At 07:46 AM 6/29/96 +0800, Richard P. Sy-Facunda wrote:
>With a 486dx-33 processor speed, half duplex sound card and a 28.8 modem
>with probably a Connectrix Quickcam, what kind of FPS should I expect ?
>
>Please advise,
>Richard

Hello Richard,

Assuming your modem is truly connecting at/near 28.8, and assuming your
Internet connection is losing less than 10% of packets, you should expect
anywhere from 0-3 fps, on a sustained basis. When there is very little
motion in the incoming video, you might peak at 5 fps (or even higher) on
occasion, but this will be rare.

Cheers,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645