Re: losing printer driver...second parallel port?

Don Castella (dcastell@interaccess.com)
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 10:58:42 -0500

Howdy Folks!

Actually, the problem you are having is caused by the ill-behaved Connectix
QuickCam driver. It fails to properly reset the printer port after it is no
longer needed. I use an A/B switch for a printer and BW QuickCam and have
found it necessary to reboot in order to print from the shared port after
the QuickCam is used. I do not know if Connectix is aware of this problem.
My solution was to purchase a "SIIG Fast Parallel I/O Parallel Pro" high
speed IEEE 1284 EPP/ECP parallel port adapter and install it as a second
parallel port for my computer. It plugs into any ISA expansion slot. Cost is
about $30US

I hope this helps

Don Castella
aka Don@Chicago