Re: no visible users?

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 20:08:17 -0500

Mary Lewis wrote:

> I have just installed the software. I have connected but have
> received no video, (no visible users). I am not sending video,
> no camera or video card yet. Does anyone have any advice about
> how to connect to a site with visible users so I can test the
> software? Should I just keep trying -- maybe a weekday would be
> better for receiving video. I am a teacher and would like to use
> video
> conferencing as part of my TV Production course. I also
> sponsor the website for my school (Stanton College Preparatory School)

You didn't mention whether you have a Mac or a PC. In either case, you
can go to http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan and
obtain some lists of active web sites. You might as well get a camera
soon if you want to do much. Many refs don't favor "lurkers". For a sure
hit try 194.94.211.200. It's interesting, to say the least. I hear you
guys laughing, cut it out!

--

CU-Seeme unsubscribe or information? Go to http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/listinfo.html CU-Seeme list archive? http://www.indstate.edu/CU-SeeMe/all_archives.html Favorite search engine? http://www.infoseek.com Favorite dialler? Richard Cekal's Cusdial www.minet.ca/~rcekal Best reflector list? http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan ICQ info? http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1265298 Mark L. Bardenwerper #:?) Technology...thoughtfully...respectfully.