Re: Can sound be disabled in Any new CU versions?

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:32:59 -0500

Ron Carbaugh wrote:

> Mark L. Bardenwerper wrote:
> On Wp ver 2.1 in the main program select the Audio Icon (microphone)
> from the bar, click on it and also the microphone and speaker that
> appears in the Audio Window. This sets Send/recieve Audio off in the
> .ini file allowing you to utilize another sound program through your
> sound card.
> I have not downloaded Wp ver 3, BUT I would appreciate info that it
> opperates the same!
> >
> > I want to experiment with cross-platform video and audio transmission.
> > The problem is that CU is the only viable video choice. We have a choice
> > of audio. But the problem is that CU and the audio software causes
> > conflicts with the soundcard. Is it possible to disable the sound in
> > either WP 3 or Cornell .92 Versions? I see that in the WP version that I
> > can select the sound hardware source, but unfortunately, there is no
> > blank window, which would in effect diable the drivers in CU. Can this
> > still be done at this time somehow, or should we add this to the
> > wishlist?
> > Also, does anyone know what happened to Freeview? Did they ever come up
> > with a Mac version?
> > --
> > Best reflector list?
> > http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan
> > ICQ info? http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1265298
> > Mark L. Bardenwerper #:?)
> > Technology...thoughtfully...responsibly.
> --
>
> Ron Carbaugh
> mailto:carbaugr@mail.cvn.net
I see no way to disable the sound. Sure you can turn the speaker and
mike off, but the software still hogs the soundcard. I think it would be
easy to place a "no audio" check box in the hardware section (go to
EDIT..CURRENT PROFILE..HARDWARE). Is there another way to circumvent
this? Perhaps a statement in an .ini file somewhere?