Re: Win95 Networking

Andrew Brennan (brennan@crashprone.allegheny.edu)
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 12:39:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Marc Lindahl wrote:

> At 12:52 PM -0400 6/13/97, Scott K. Knouse wrote:
> >Does anybody know how or if it is possible to use CU-Seeme over a
> >windows 95 network? I have 2 systems and I wish to use a quickcam
> >on one system and view it from another system over the network w/out
> >connecting to the internet....is this possible?
>
> If you use TCP/IP as your protocol then it'll work. Install it, and get
> rid of NETBEUI or NOVELL or any other protocols.

I might have read Scott's message incorrectly, but it sounds like he
has an existing network already. I wouldn't recommend removing any
of his in-use protocols to *add* functionality.

If you're not already using TCP/IP on these machines, add the protocol
from the Network control panel and give both stations addresses (you
might want to use ones like 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.2 to avoid any
future conflicts with Internet sites). Once they're configured, start
CU-SeeMe on the machine with the camera ... well, you know where to go
from here, yes? :^)

andrew. (brennan@allegheny.edu)