Re: Win95 Networking

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 19:39:48 -0500

At 12:52 PM 6/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anybody know how or if it is possible to use
>CU-Seeme over a windows 95 network? I have 2 systems
>and I wish to use a quickcam on one system and view it
>from another system over the network without connecting
>to the internet....is this possible?

Sure, as long as you add in the TCP/IP protocol, enable DNS, enter a host
name and IP address, etc. CU-SeeMe uses IP to send its UDP packets, so as
long as your computer can handle the tcp/ip protocol, you should be able to
do it within a LAN. You will have to make up your own IP addresses for
both machines. This would be similar to doing CU via a direct modem call.
Info on this can be found in my FAQ/Connecting page.

URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW