Re: Call for screen captures from around the world (again)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:31:07 -0500

At 09:16 AM 6/18/97 -0400, Douglas Macduff wrote:

>>I've recently been asked if I was still accepting pictures for my "United
>>Nations under CU-SeeMe" screen capture page, and, of course, the answer is
>>a big YES! I would love to get more. If you would like to have your
>>picture placed on this page, please email me your screen capture (from
>>CU-SeeMe, with the frame around it, and your name at the top) in JPG, or
>>GIF format, along with the following information:
>>
>Bill,
>It seems I cannot make a JPG from the cuseeme snapshot. In fact, I do know
>how to capture a picture, but I tried emailing one to a friend, but I
couldn't.

>I have the WP version I downloaded for $69.- Not the 30 version since I've
>been reading how much troulbe it causes but the previous version. I have
>excellant results with it.
>
>So, what are the steps? I'm as far as seeing my local video, and hearing=
the
>click of the camera (I suppose to let me know that it's taking a picture. I
>can save it as a JPG? .
>
>Also, is there a way, say if I made a movie of myself or an other, that I
>can capture a picture (snapshot) by causing the movie to become still?
>
>Pentium 75 MHZ
>Win 3.1.1 WFW
>modem 33.6
>speakers
>mike
>WHite Pine version
>
>Andare there any reflectors that charge a fee? It seems some need a
>password, or something to get on
>and the only thing I can figure out is that it is a subscription reflector.=
=20

>Your reflector is or was a rare one, as it was a clean and friendly one.=20
>Many thanks.
>Doug macduff

I use CLIPMATE, and it works wonderfully. Check on my web page for more
info. Go to the "United Nations under CU-SeeME" section. Near the bottom,
after my mailing address (so you can send me a postcard HINT HINT) you will
find info on where to get CLIPMATE (http://www.thornsoft.com) a little
about how to set it up, and where to get LVIEW to convert Clipmate's BMP
files to JPG or GIF format. =20

On Thornsoft's web page it says:

Windows NT Magazine recently reviewed ClipMate, saying "This utility
starts off
being useful and gradually becomes indispensable." It will scroll off
quickly, but
for now, you can Read their review here.=20

I couldn't agree more. I've used it for over two years, and can't live
without it.

If you make a capture of yourself, be sure that you capture it from
CU-SeeMe so it has the frame around it with your CU nickname at the top.

URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW