Re: Avid Video card and Mac 650

Mike Baranowski (mhb@netcom.com)
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:00:03 -0500

ted.matko@ac.hillsdale.edu wrote:

>Does anyone have a work around for using composite video and the Avid Cinema
>1.1 card. White Pine codecs will not work. I am running a Power Mac
>6500/275.

Ted:

The codecs are NOT the problem. Codecs are used to manipulate the outgoing
and incoming video. First, you must have video to be manipulated through
the codec. Does avid have a 'vdig' extension? Call their tech support and
ask them if they are vdig compatible. They may have an extension that was
not included with your hardware or might be able to point you to a someone
that has written one (that they don't support).

-Mike Baranowski
Jeeves