Re: Resarting Cuseeme

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:21:58 -0500

At 07:49 AM 6/25/97 +1000, RAP wrote:
>Hi there
>
>I am using cuseeme ver 2.1 and a Connectix Quickcam connected to the
>printer port of a Pentium 120. Occasionally while connected to ref, cu will
>'hang' and I have to use a CTRL+ALT+DEL to close cuseeme.
>
>The problem is that when I restart cuseeme I get an error saying "Device
>already in use" and I can't reinitialize the camera. The only way I have
>found to get going again is to reboot.
>
>Is there a more elegant way other than rebooting?
>
>Richard

Go to my web page, let the NEWS seciton load, and click on the link that
says "Utility to free up the Quickcam driver if CU bombs". Get WPS.ZIP
from there, and follow the directions. This program saved me lots of
rebots when I was testing out the Cornell .9x version.

URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW