Re: seeing color video

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:26:54 -0500

At 10:12 AM 6/28/97 -0400, John G Tizio wrote:
>I have a b/w quickcam. When i use CU-Seeme, and the other person I am
>chatting with has a color quickcam, I can only see them in b/w. Is there
>someway I can see them in color?
>
>Thanks

If they have a color camera, and you see them in b&w, then they are
TRANSMITTING in b&w. There is no mechanism that I know of which would
convert their color signal to b&w somewhere along the way.

To SEND color requires the White Pine client, and the White Pine reflector.
To RECEIVE color also requires the White Pine client. Neither the Cornell
reflector nor the Cornell client support color in any way, and they never
will due to the agreement between White Pine and Cornell.

URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW