Re: color with Cornell 1.0

Tue, 2 Jun 1998 04:50:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Fred Pocai wrote:
> So the official word is I can't do color with the ATI All In Wonder and
> a color camera? While I'm using Cornell 1.0? Will that be fixed soon??

That was on the todo list when Steve ran out of time. The problem is
there's not color support for YUV9 which the ATI card (and others I
presume) use.

What you can TRY to do...is download something I ran across called SoftCam
(at http://www.luminositi.com). It lets you use ONE capture device
(Softcam) and then switch among different other capture devices. It does
send in color but I'm not sure how it chooses different capture devices.
It's basically an extended version of CU-Doodle but much cleaner and does
a lot more.

Another note to people using B&W Quickcams wanting to send color in
grayscale for the Cornell version: this driver lets you do it.