Re: Re[2]: Connectix QCVC, Winnov and Cornell CU-SeeMe

Tue, 2 Jun 1998 05:03:33 -0500 (CDT)

On 1 Jun 1998, Alan Jarvi wrote:
> The Winnov version 2.5 I have was downloaded after being notified by
> Winnov that I, as a registered user, could download the new release
> from the Winnov 2.5 web site. I hope it is not a beta release, and
> the info screen sez 2.5

The 2.5 I have says "2.5 Release" if that helps any.

> As a side, does anyone know of a checksum or diff command in
> Windows that I can use to verify the integrity of the file?

I believe "diff" comes with a lot of unix utilities for Win95 available on
the net.

> I also have removed CU-SeeMe and the .ini file and reloaded from
> scratch after removing and reinstalling the Winnov 2.5 release. Same
> thing! I did not mention, that the same thing is happening with the
> beta iVisit release 2.1b1...that is, intermittent hangs on startup.

A DLL problem? Who knows...intermittent problems are never easy to track.

> Thanks again for all the suggestions...At this point I am probably
> going to just wait for Windows98 to come out, and do a complete cold
> install of the OS. That should fix it...

Win98 may fix that..but then it may hard to tell if Win98 won't even boot
:) Let's just hope there won't be the same sort of problems people had
when upgrading to Win95 from Win3.1 :) There shouldn't be, but with
Microsoft products, one never knows.