Re: [QUESTION] Meeting Point reflector.

Yvonne Gutierrez (ygutierrez@wpine.com)
Wed, 03 Jun 1998 16:36:07 -0400

At 06:05 PM 5/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 26 May 1998, Mark Andrew Nassy wrote:
>> are they any public mp reflectors that are fairly empty on a saturday
>> evening (gmt -4) without incurring any charges. (hope this is not asking
>> for 2 much.)
>
>I can setup a conference on my reflector/server if I know what conference
># you want. I've stopped running the T.120 server and H.323 compatible
>connections because MPCS 3.0.6 on Solaris that I'm using has a tendency to
>create huge logfiles for no apparent reason that I can't control. Since I
>haven't gotten any email back from the person I contacted at White Pine
>about it, the easiest thing to do is to just not run any H.323/T.120
>conferences.

<snip>

In regards the above posting. We at White Pine Meeting Point Support
apologize for any delay you may have experienced. We were unaware of your
questions concerning the MPCS-Solaris server. In the future, please submit
the request form located at the following URL.

http://www.wpine.com/Help/mp-support-request.html

This will assist us in responding promptly, to your next question or concern.

In regards to your question, yes we are aware of the above mentioned
condition. Below you will find our recommendations.

I am assuming that you are talking about the log file located in the
following directory: wpnet120/ directory.

cp /dev/null SOME-DIRECTORY/solaris_55/wpnet120/log
chmod -w SOME-DIRECTORY/solaris_55/wpnet120/log
mpcs

* (Where SOME-DIRECTORY is the place MPCS was installed and solaris_55 could
also be solaris_56)

In a future release we intend to change the wpnet120/wpNet120.csh so that
it removes the log file and then does the above in the
wpnet120/wpNet120.csh script.

Regards

Yvonne