Re: Cameras

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 21:48:43 -0400 (EDT)

At 01:04 AM 6/3/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a list of which CAMs are compatible with the Macintosh and
>better still, any recommendations on which camera gives the best results
>with CU-CME?
>
>All replies appreciated.
>
>DUDLEY THOMAS
>

>CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS
>Suite 207 at 37 Store Street
>Bloomsbury, London WC1B-4AA
>UNITED KINGDOM
>
>Telephone 0044.(0)7050.028.797
>Facsimile 0044.(0)171.242.6087

You don't say what type of mac you have, but I put a mac AV card in my lady
friend's performa 6214CD and connected a packardbell topsight cam to it and
it works really nice. It also works nice with a camcorder or vcr input (use
the tuner in the vcr to watch tv). Today's video scrounger tip: If you have
the 5200, 5300, 5400, 630, 6200 & 6300 series of mac, www.macresq.com has
the mac tv/av cards for $49 (OS 8.0 for $39 too). While we are on the
subject, www.onsale.com is auctioning off some Boca video phone cams with
sale prices so far being between $29-$49 (plus about $10 shipping),
depending on how early you get in and how many you bid on. They also have a
sony cam starting at $89 that is probably a little better quality.