Re: PAL cameras and Cornell 1.0 ???

Thu, 4 Jun 1998 03:31:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Geoffrey Rehn wrote:
> >Currently, this version of CU-SeeMe only supports NTSC cameras. I know,
> >the Win16 version did PAL, but PAL support, for both big and small video
> >will be forthcoming.
>
> I am writing from Australia - PAL country.
> Can anyone confirm whether or not the above restriction also applies to the
> 1.0 version (for Windows)?

I'm not sure about PAL specifically...I don't believe this was addressed
in 1.0. I do know at least one woman who uses 1.0 successfully (and
praises its lack of crashing that her WP version had problems with). But
I believe she's using a Quickcam which doesn't seem to be affected by the
PAL limitation.