WP CU-SeeMe 3.1.1 Fixes (was INFO - Why)

Don Castella (dcastell@interaccess.com)
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:02:59 -0500

The following is excerpted from an info message sent to White Pine users:

"NEW FEATURES and PROBLEMS FIXED in CU-SeeMe Version 3.1.1>

* A new H.263 video codec has been added for compatibility with
CU-SeeMe Version 3.1 for Mac OS.

* Installation settings now default to modem settings.

* Private Chat mode has been fixed so that when the recipient of
your private Chat leaves the conference, your private chat message
is no longer randomly sent to another conference participant.

* CU-SeeMe no longer stops sending video when you disconnect from
one conference server and connect to another.

* Multiple participants sending audio simultaneously with either
the Digitalk or Voxware audio codecs no longer causes CU-SeeMe to
stop sending audio.

* Users connected to a conference server via multicast can now see
the video of users connected via unicast.

* CU-SeeMe V3.1.1 corrects a problem where users with CU-SeeMe V2.1
could not see black and white video sent from CU-SeeMe V3.1 clients.

For additional information on new features and problems fixed from
previous versions of the product, please view the readme file at:"

http://www.wpine.com/products/cu-seeme/cu311-win-readme.html

It appears that the problem with multiple lines of chat spewing from WP ECU
clients still exists in Build 16.

Cheers,

Don Castella