Win98 does not boot - its not an operating system !

Fri, 05 Jun 1998 07:11:49 +0200

Jason Williams schrieb:
> > 4. Hmmm..."if Win98 wont even boot"...what are you telling me? Are
> > you having problems with 98?
> Nahh..I don't have it or run it...just know a few other people that have
> had nightmares running it. Your mileage may vary. :)
Donīt You remember how IBM advertised OS/2:
MSDOS, OS/2, WIN-NT, WIN-CE, MAC-OS and LINUX are an operating systems.
You may boot from floppy or harddisk or even ROM (Yes you may still do a
complete boot with LINUX from a 1.44 MB floppy)

WIN 3.x, WFW 3.x, WIN9x are no operating systems, because You canīt boot
from then. Its just a "GUI with system extensions",still. You must first
boot MSDOS, and then WINxxx is loaded. Thatīs it :-)

Of course I know what You meant.

In Germany, even in the news, the speed of a car is not said to be "km
per hour" = "km/h" but "Stundenkilometer" = "h x km" !!! Bad language
:-)

All about iphones, H.32x phones, cu-seeme
http://home.pages.de/~h/cuseeme.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone2.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphones.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/contact2.html

Sincerely
Rolf

--
      /   /   /  Alone on the data highway...
    /       /    like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen