Re: Novice failure

Fri, 5 Jun 1998 01:34:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Lia Tsesmeli wrote:
> I'm currently in Greece and my friends use a camera and their IBM for their
> CU needs (plus the Enchanced Version for IBMs).
> Chatting is easy, I have accomplished that and only that. But sound, no.
> Nothing. I'm using 0.87b3 version for Macs.

I don't have any URLs for you except to give White Pine's 3.1 version a
shot if it runs on your Mac.
It sounds like your friends are using the Enhanced version and possibly
using color and lower bandwidth audio codecs which are only available in
the White Pine version. One solution would be to make sure your friends
are sending in grayscale (and that they aren't using 3.1.0.25 or 3.1.1.004
since those versions have a grayscale bug). Then the should show up in
the hidden section where you can click on their names and display their
vid.

As far as audio, make sure they are using the Delta-Mod codec since that's
the only audio codec which can be heard by ALL versions of CU.